Please read your safety instructions
Make sure to read the detailed safety instruction in your supplied SR-5S User Manual before riding.
Lift & lock the steering column
With one foot on the scooter deck, raise and push the handlebars forward until the folding mechanism clicks into place. Secure it by turning the locking ring until the marking is pointing towards the locked symbol.
When you are finished riding
Unlock the locking ring and place one foot on the scooter deck. Gently push the handlebars away from your body with one hand and pull the locking mechanism up to release the steering column into the folded position.
Display functionsPress power button once briefly to turn on e-scooter.
Press power button once briefly during operation to switch the lights on or off
Press power button twice briefly during operation to switch between the speed modes:
- 9.5 mph – (default mode)
- 12.5 mph – the (S) symbol lights up green
- 15.5 mph – the (S) symbol lights up red
Hold button for about 3 seconds continuously to turn off
The 5 bars show the current charge level of the battery: If only the left bar of the display lights up, the e-scooter must be switched off and charged immediately.
Before riding your SR-5S
1. Allow the battery to charge fully before using the e-scooter for the first time.
2. Check your e-scooter before every ride (see user manual section on “storage, maintenance and cleaning”).
3. Wear comfortable clothing and suitable sturdy shoes while riding.
4. Before riding the e-scooter for the first time, make sure you have plenty of space and ensure that there are no obstacles in the way.
5. Wear a safety helmet for your own safety
Riding the SR-5STurn on the e-scooter and the lights (see the user manual section on “Display functions”).
Hold the handlebars firmly by both handles, and place one foot on the scooter deck.
Push off with the other foot to accelerate.
For safety reasons, the motor support is only active from 1.8 mph and above.
Use the thumb throttle to accelerate.
To apply the brake, use
- The rear disc brake (brake lever)
- The electric front brake (thumb brake)
Connecting to the Shell RIDE app
You can find the APP for the e-scooter in the Google Playstore for Android, and in the Apple Appstore for IOS. The app name is “Shell RIDE”:
Download the APP on your mobile device.
Activate the Bluetooth ® function on your mobile device.
Switch on the e-scooter.
Load the APP.
Select your e-scooter in the app. The app offers the following functions, among others:
- Selecting the speed modes
- Switching the lights on/off
- Information about distances traveled
- Firmware updates